Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The Sad Tale of Boxes ~ how a girl is coping with the aftermath of a move

Well I've been home a couple weeks now, and I've been working feverishly unpacking and arranging the new apartment. I've run out of steam... :P~ I unpacked more then 20 boxes in about three days, and started to organize and rearrange the house.

Erik and I picked up a "couch" over the weekend. -------->
There's a picture of it. The sides are adjustable, it folds down to be a twin sized bed. It'll do in a pinch if we have someone over that wants to spend the night. I like it!

Other then that I've started making jewelry. {Thanks to the Mammahead :) } I'm experimenting with different techniques. I'm having a lot of fun. It's an expensive hobby though, It doesn't look that way at first $2 here, $4 there; You get quite the rude awakening when you get up to the register and you've spent almost $50, and all you have to show for it is a single not even full bag of beads. I'm still having a lot of fun though. I'm going to work on looking at purchasing some/most of the stuff I need online in bulk. Hopefully I can save some money that way. :) Erik's mom {The Mammahead} says she created a monster, Erik's pretty sure she's right :)

The Cinna-butt and I have re-bonded, not that it took very long at all. She yelled at me a little when I first got home, but pretty much immediately afterwards she was demanding loving from me. We have our morning mamma-kitty time, and she's back to snuggling with me when we go to bed. She's just a cute bundle of love. :)

Erik and I have been swimming in our apartment's swimming pool almost every night. We're having a lot of fun and getting the exercise that we both need. I've even found us an alternative place to swim for after the apartment's pool closes for the season. George Mason has an aquatic and fitness center... We'll be able to meet there when Erik picks me up from school, and we can swim before we go home. :)

That's all for now :)


No comments: